YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Nocturnal Events collects your personal information so that we can perform our functions or activities and offer our services to you. Nocturnal Events’ functions, activities and services are many and varied and include booking services for female cocktail, lingerie/skimpy, topless and nude waitressing services, male topless and nude waitering services, female and male strippers and show entertainment, card game dealing services, boat charter packages, equipment hire, retail, marketing, competitions, financial transactions, complaint handling, surveillance, recruitment and security. Personal information includes things such as your name, your likeness and/or image, date of birth, phone number(s), postal address and email address. The type of personal information we collect from you depends on your interaction with us. Depending on the transaction, if Nocturnal Events does not collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide you an offer or service.
Collection from you
It is Nocturnal Events’ usual practice to collect your personal information directly from you. For example, you provide us your personal information when you complete a booking with Nocturnal Events, enter a competition, write to us, join a mailing list or make a purchase directly.
Collection from public sources or third parties
Where relevant, Nocturnal Events will collect personal information about you from a publicly available source (such as other websites) or from third parties, for example:
- Boat charters or venues listed as the ‘venue address’ for a booking, and
- Nocturnal Events’ related entities.
Collecting sensitive personal information
Sensitive personal information is information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or memberships, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences, criminal record, health information, genetic information or membership of a trade union. Nocturnal’s general approach is not to collect, use or disclose sensitive information. However in limited circumstances, Nocturnal Events will collect sensitive information where it is necessary for one of Nocturnal’s functions or activities and you have consented to the collection of that information. For example, Nocturnal’s performers may collect health information from you before performing a show at your event.
Collecting information required by law
Nocturnal Events also collects your personal information where we are required or authorised to do so by an Australian law or court or tribunal order.
USING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Nocturnal Events operates a range of businesses that handle personal information. We use and disclose your personal information that we collect (and share it with related entities) for a number of different purposes, including:
- to identify and contact you and manage our relationship with you;
- to tell you about things at Nocturnal Events that you may be interested in;
- to manage and administer our services to you;
- to conduct and improve our businesses and improve the customer experience;
- to maintain security and safety of our performers;
- to prevent or investigate any actual or suspected misconduct, fraud or unlawful activity;
- in relation to your credit worthiness, including to obtain a credit report about you;
- to consider any concerns or complaints you may raise against Nocturnal;
- to comply with our legal obligations as required by relevant laws, regulations and codes of practice.
Disclosing your personal information
We understand how important it is to keep your personal information private. We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it as well as purposes that are related, where you would reasonably expect us to. We will also disclose your personal information when:
- you agree to the disclosure; or
- he disclosure is required or authorised by law.
To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose information about you to:
- Nocturnal’s related companies;
- third parties who provide services to Nocturnal Eventsfrom time to time such as mail-house Entertainers, customer research agencies, debt collectors, advertising agencies and our advisers;
- government agencies as part of our statutory obligations; and
- other agency operators and bookers.
Disclosing your personal information overseas
For international customers, Nocturnal Events may share your personal information with overseas recipients located in countries where Nocturnal Events or an associated entity, has staff or a business, including without limitation, the United Kingdom, United States of America and Indonesia.
Where applicable Nocturnal Events will use your personal information to contact you via mail, SMS, email, telephone or online to tell you about news, special offers, products and services that you might be interested in. We do this where you have consented to receiving such information or it is related to the purpose for which we collected your personal information. You can contact us to update your marketing preferences at any time.
Nocturnal Events collect your personal information in order to secure your booking with Nocturnal’s entertainers and for marketing purposes. If you do not provide this information you cannot make a booking with Nocturnal. Nocturnal Events will disclose your credit or debit card details to Instabill and/or PayID details to NAB in order to process any charges. Your personal information may be disclosed to associated entities.
Nocturnal’s boat charters may be subject to CCTV and audio surveillance to maintain security and safety on our charters at all times. Details of suspected or actual illegal or improper conduct may be shared with law enforcement bodies, adult entertainment industry workers and other booking agents.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Nocturnal Events takes steps to protect the personal information it holds against loss, interference, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse.
- Your personal information held on cloud storage systems operated by The League Agency. Our employees and service Entertainers are required to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information held by Nocturnal. Our security safeguards include:
- staff training on their obligations with regard to your information;
- ensuring appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place when we disclose information overseas or use third parties to handle or store data;
- system security such as encryption, firewalls and intrusion detection systems and surveillance;
- destroying personal information when no longer required.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to some exemptions, you may ask Nocturnal Events to provide you access to the personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please contact Nocturnal Events with photo identification and complete Nocturnal Events’ request for personal information form.
Once Nocturnal Events has collected your personal information it will provide you a copy of it via electronic means (email, text or mail) at Nocturnal Events subject to verifying your identity.
A copy of your information will generally be made available to you within 30 days unless we are not required to give you access to your personal information pursuant to an exception in the Privacy Act.
Where applicable, we will inform you in advance of any fees for Nocturnal Events to find the information you have requested.
If you find that your personal information is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us know. For further information about how to request access or changes to the information Nocturnal Events holds about you or to update your marketing preferences or unsubscribe please contact us (please refer to the “How to Contact Nocturnal Events” section of this policy).
WEBSITES, DEVICES AND COOKIES
Where applicable, Nocturnal Events will also collect the following information from you:
• the fully qualified domain name from which you accessed our websites, or alternatively, your IP address;
• the web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed;
device ID number (MAC address);
• the date and time you accessed each page on our websites;
• publicly accessible social media posts and any personal information you allow us to collect by linking your account on our website with a third-party social-networking site including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, or Google+; and
• cookies which track your visits to the our web sites (see below).
Where applicable, we are collecting this information (and may use or hold this information) to provide, improve and develop our services to you and the customer experience.
Nocturnal Events may use this anonymised data to inform our promotional and marketing strategies, as well as for research and profiling purposes including customer demographics, interests and behaviours based on personal information and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analysed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated information in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Nocturnal Events may connect information you provide to us for one purpose with other information for use for one or more of the above purposes. That information may be linked with personal information we hold about you as set out in this policy, and will be treated in the same manner as the personal information to which it has been linked.
MAKING A PRIVACY COMPLAINT
Nocturnal Events takes its obligations pursuant to the Privacy Act (the Act) seriously. Individuals may complain about a breach of the Act by Nocturnal Events by submitting their complaint in writing to Nocturnal Events’ Privacy Manager (using the address in the “How to Contact Nocturnal Events” section of this policy). Any complaint should set out in as much detail as possible, all the relevant particulars relating to the complaint, including why the individual says that Nocturnal Events has breached the Act. Upon receiving a written complaint, Nocturnal Events will acknowledge receipt of the complaint in writing within 7 days. Nocturnal Events will investigate the matters described in the complaint and then provide a substantive written response within 28 days from the date the written complaint was received by Nocturnal.
HOW TO CONTACT NOCTURNAL EVENTS
Telephone: +61 40 3836879
PO BOX 132
Greenwood WA 6924